About the project
(Developing programs for Access of Disadvantaged groups of people and Regions
to Higher Education) is a cross-regional project under the Erasmus+ Key Action
2, founded by the Educational, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency
("EACEA") of the European Union.
The aims of the project are to:
- Promote inclusive education and responsive education in Georgia and Israel by widening access to higher education for potential and existing students from three vulnerable groups: women, ethnic minorities and those with disabilities. It also addresses potential students which live at peripheral areas in accordance with Bologna Process and United Nations criteria. This will initiate the right of individuals with special needs to access education, to enjoy the right of participation in everyday society and to overcome discrimination against them in society by raising awareness and acceptance in society.
- Raise the public awareness of access, equity and diversity and the principles of social dimension and social inclusion.
- Facilitate transfer of best practice in access and widening participation.
- Modernise governance, management and function of institutions.
- Improve student retention rates and prepare them for the labour market.in access, equity and diversity and the principles of social dimension and social inclusion.
In practice, DARE project sets as concrete the following objectives:
- Improve institutional capacities through the reinforcement and provision of support services at Georgia and Israel partner universities in four main areas: child care, clinical and occupational psychological, learning and physical disabilities, academic support with special equipment and revised recruitment and retention regulations. This new services will be institutionalised (i.e. become part of the institutional structure and organisational charts) and will represent change drivers at the different partner HEIs. To achieve this, a mission in the field of inclusive education through recruitment and retention policy will be developed.
- Train faculty members, professional and administrative staff on the use of the established or reinforced services for vulnerable target groups and to create a group of trained specialists at each Israel and Georgian HEI who will offer their services during and after the end of the project.
- Outreach the three targeted groups by offering a support system via distance learning (ICT) with tutorials and selected course programs. The main objective henceforth is to facilitate accessibility to teaching and learning materials in electronic format for students with mobility problems. The idea that undermines this initiative is to bring the University to the students.
project partnership brings together partners from earlier projects, but also
hope that this collaboration will create a powerful impact towards societal
We hope that this collaboration will create a powerful impact towards societal change.
We encourage you to dream with us, DARE and fly!
آخر تعديل: الأربعاء، 14 حزيران 2017، 2:00